Owl Tor made me mean. She had to have seen this coming. Probably she knew all along her special kind of relentless derision would make a person mean if it didn’t break them. Which explains why on Saturday, on my second consecutive weekend of uncharacteristically strong performances, I still feel beaten. What else could I feel? There aren’t any other emotions left. Failure is all I know from the Tor. Better Than Life saw me 1-fall her on my first attempt of the season. That’s a hard route for me. One fall is about as much as I could expect on day one. And yet, it’s not success. In addition to making that perfectly clear, Owl Tor covered BTL in a thick mixture of mud and spiders and turned the heat up to 102 degrees. My leg still hurts from a spooky fall at the third bolt. She will not be giving out breaks this season, I know it.
- Power of Eating (5.11d) – redpoint
- Auto Magic (5.12a) – redpoint
- Better Than Life (5.13c) – 3 falls
- Better Than Life (5.13c) – 1 fall
- Chips to Pro Skill variation (5.13a?) – 1 fall
- Hell of the Upside Down Sinners (5.12b) – 1 fall
- Anchor Punch (5.12a) – 1 fall