Fresh on the heels of last weeks redpoint extravaganza, was this weeks’s typically grim Saturday Tor session. In my defense, it was hot and I got on some new routes (new to my volume training routine anyway), The Natural and Hell of the Upside Down Sinners. Jud witnessed Owl Tor, in all her glory, for his first time. No doubt, the pleasure is all his. Marcela made a defiant appearance despite the Tor’s attempt on her life 2 weeks earlier. Continuing his recent trend of substantial weekly progress, Justin linked large sections of Power of Eating and dialed in the bottom of When the Sea Doesn’t Want You. Phil too looked leagues better this Saturday compared to last, this his second day back.
- Power of Eating (5.11d) – redpoint
- Auto Magic (5.12a) – redpoint
- The Natural (5.12c) – fell at the crux
- I remember now why this is commonly known as Santa Maria’s worst route. Truly ridiculous.
- Hell of the Upside Down Sinners (5.12b) – redpoint
- Good burn. I haven’t been on this in a couple months and haven’t redpointed it this year. It was a bit of a fight.
- Better Than Chips (5.12d) – fell at the crimp after the jugs
- After mysteriously falling right after leaving the Chips jugs I decided to give up on the BTL finish for a new sequence in to Pro Skill. It’s hard. And weird.
- Anchor Punch (5.12a) – 1 fall at the crux