It’s called The Natural. It’s super short, has a super awkward one-move crux, and it sucks. And it shut me down on Saturday. Four times. Micah and Elhanan went to the Tor with me. That made things cool. If not for them, had I been left alone to epically flail on stupid Natural, I would not have had a good day. Micah sent Auto Magic with ease, first go of the day, his first redpoint of this route and maybe of this grade. That’s kind of amazing since he boulders stupid hard. Elhanan just looked good.
- Power of Eating (5.11d) – redpoint
- Auto Magic (5.12a) – redpoint
- 4 x The Natural (5.12c) – falls at the crux
- Better Than Chips (5.12d) – clipped the last draw and took
- Anchor Punch (5.12a) – redpoint
- When the Sea Doesn’t Want You (5.12a) – redpoint
also on Saturday: rodeo clipping (watch your ladies)