It’s been since before the hospital that I lifted heavy shoulders, maybe 3 months. Shoulders are my new favorite muscle group to lift.
Warmed up w/ stretches & shoulder dislocations (which are rad, by the way).
Lifted some light chest to warm-up then went to shoulders.
- barbell flat bench press
- 2 x 12 @ 135 lbs
- went slow, big pause at the bottom
- dumbbell flys
- 2 x 12 @ 25 lbs
- went slow, paused/bounced a bit at the bottom. good burn
- behind-the-neck press
- 1 x 12 @ 45 lbs
- 1 x 5 @ 65
- 1 x 5 @ 85
- work sets
- 1 x 5 @105
- good. paused a little at the bottom
- 1 x 5 @ 115
- good, heavy. didn’t go for last rep. got my lats involved.
- concentrate on: hold shoulders down and back, keep torso under the bar, and position elbows forward of the bar
- DB front raises
- 1 x 5 @ 10
- 1 x 5 @ 15
- work sets
- 1 x 5 @ 20
- 1 x 5 @ 25
- Arnold press
- 2 x 12 @ 35
- easy, good burn. rested short between sets.
Today was for heavy shoulders. I wanted to go for ‘way pumped’ but made myself stop early.
There was some popping, moving around, of my shoulders – focus on pulling shoulders down & back, flexing the lats.
I should maybe start recording my rest time between lifts.